We build amazing products that solve big problems
We always look for talented people who share our love for simple-but-impactful products
Use innovation and cutting-edge technology to make Solar the World’s #1 energy source by 2030. And prove that Africa can lead the way!
Born from the dream of Silicon Valley engineers, Grafica was founded from the idea that Data can be used as a tremendous asset to foster the Solar energy expansion and tackle energy poverty in emerging markets.
The power of Data has been used by other tech-savvy industries for decades. It is high time we leveraged its potential to lead our planet towards a more sustainable future.
We decided to build Data Analytics and Market Intelligence tools that could prove to the world that our Sun is here for a reason.
Our core values shape all we do at Grafica, helping us tackle challenges, take risks, get creative, and work smarter and better as a team.
Be a leader
We value ownership, commitment, integrity and trust. We care about others and always put the team first.
Deliver beautiful and cutting-edge products
Everything we do is beautiful. We aim to go beyond expectations to trigger an emotional impact and give our users a positive story they can take with them.
Have the user in mind
We always give special care to our customers and take pride in making them successful.
Keep it simple
We do more with less. We always keep Pareto’s 80/20 rule in mind to focus on what matters most and drives the best outcome.
Embrace and drive change
We never accept or become comfortable with the status quo. We have high ambitions for this world and recognize that it takes determination and courage to get there.
Be adventurous, creative and open-minded
We know failure is an important part of the journey and never hesitate to go outside of our comfort zone to foster creativity. We created the environment that can help us reach the highest expression of our talent.
Keep learning and growing
We encourage and nurture self-development at all times to become better than yesterday and stimulate personal emancipation.
Build a positive team and family spirit
We want to build a family, not just a team. We want to succeed as a group and be part of something bigger than ourselves.
Work at Grafica
See a position you’d be perfect for? Apply today.
As a Community Manager you’ll be the face of the company, managing communications in both directions. We need a digitally-savvy go-getter responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation.
It’s a Web 2.0 communications role, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and offline.
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online platforms.
- Events and event planning – attending industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for your community.
- Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
- Customer relations – the Community Manager is often responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter) and managing any online feedback forums such as GetSatisfaction pages.
- Communications/marketing strategy – the Community Manager is responsible for creating strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing communications.
- Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Outgoing personality
- Good writing skills – a background in journalism, writing or community management experience is preferred.
- Social media experience – we look for someone who can navigate WordPress, Mailchimp and understands Twitter and Facebook for business.
- Real interest in our industry – we need someone passionate about what they do and who loves renewable energy and Tech innovation.
- Great self-management – great time management skills, ability to multitask, intelligence, someone smart who doesn’t get stressed under pressure.
- PR experience – experience with public relations is a big plus.
- Culture fit – breathe and embrace our company’s culture.
Business Development Manager
Build market position by developing and closing customer relationships.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Promote organization’s vision and values.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prospecting Skills
- Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs
- Market Knowledge
- Good IT skills
- Presentation skills
- Culture fit – breathe and embrace our company’s culture
Grafica has a presence in Nairobi and San Francisco. We also have employees working remotely in cities across the globe.